Aveiro´s Congress Center (CCA)
Cais da Fonte Nova
3810-200 Aveiro – PORTUGAL
Phone: + 351 234 406 481
Fax: + 351 234 406 301
How to reach CCA
You can find much information regarding Aveiro at the following site: http://www.visitcentrodeportugal.com.pt/aveiro/
- The closest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro international airport in Porto, located some 80 km to the north of Aveiro.
- Portela international airport in Lisbon is located 250 km to the south of Aveiro
From Porto Airport
- Take the VRI in Custóias | 3 min (3,0 km)
- Take the A1 and A25 for N109 in Aveiro. Take exit 4 on the A25 | 47 min (79,2 km)
- Continue on N109 to your destination in Aveiro | 4 min (2,5 km)
- The train is the most practical means of making the journey to Aveiro. The trip between the airport and the railway station (called Porto-Campanhã), which has direct rail connections to Aveiro, can be made by taxi for around 20€ and takes around 30 minutes.
- A less expensive alternative to reach the station is to use AeroBus (a shuttle bus to the city costing around 2€60), as far as Avenida dos Aliados and then taking a train from São Bento railway station in the city centre either directly to Aveiro or with a change at Porto-Campanhã.
- The train journey to Aveiro takes between 40 minutes and 1h15, depending on the type of train used. Information on train prices and timetables are available at www.cp.pt. There are regular trains to Aveiro from Porto.
- Aveiro railway station is located in the centre of the city (see map of city) about 10 minutes walking distance or 5-minute taxi ride to Aveiro´s Congress Center.
- At the airport you have a subway line called “E line” or “blue line” that you can use to get to one of the Porto train stations called Campanhã. At this point you can use a train to get to IT as described above.
Information on subway prices and timetables are available at http://www.metrodoporto.pt.
From Lisbon Airport
- By train from Lisbon Airport
The simplest way of transportation to Aveiro is by train. From the airport to Lisboa-Oriente railway station, the taxi ride takes about 10 minutes and costs around 10€. Alternatively there are buses (lines 5 and 44) and Undergorund (METRO). The ticket can be bought on the bus for around 1€. Given the distance between Lisbon and Aveiro, it is best to use the fast train services (Alfa Pendular or Intercidades). The journey will take around 2h30 and a single ticket costs up to about 20€ (economy).
Information on train prices and timetables are available at http://www.cp.pt.
In summary the best option is:
- In Lisbon airport take a taxi or the underground(Metro) for Train-station GARE DO ORIENTE
- In train station(GARE DO ORIENTE) buy a tickect of the Fast Train (ALFA PENDULAR) to Aveiro, you can buy it online also (http://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en/ )
- Leave the train in Aveiro, and you can either walk (10 to 20 minutes walk to all Hotels) or take a Taxi to the Hotel
- By car
There are various car-hire agencies at the airport. From the airport, follow the road signs for the A1 motorway in the direction of Porto. Leave the motorway at “Aveiro-Sul / Águeda (exit 15) and take the EN235 directly to the university campus (located just in front of the hospital). The toll charge for use of the motorway is around 15€ and can be paid in cash or with a debit card.
- By bus
The bus station, called Terminal Rodoviário do Arco do Cego, is on Av. Duque D’Ávila, 12. Timetables and prices can be consulted at http://www.rede-expressos.pt.